The first Council of Nicea: CfP
Call for Papers
Workshop on the Background of the First Council of Nicea: Open Questions
The St Athanasius Greek Catholic Theological Institute
in collaboration with
Pontificia Università della Santa Croce and Pontificio Istituto Orientale
organizes a workshop on 13-15 September 2022 (Nyíregyháza, Hungary) in which the philosophical, theological and political background of the First Council of Nicea is to be examined by the participants.
The main goals of the workshop are the following:
a) to explore new aspects of research in Christology
b) to facilitate the progress of research to be presented at the workshop and several international academic meetings by 2025
c) to form an ecumenical research group, since we would like to have as many participating scholars from different Christian denominations as possible
d) to attract young researchers, Licentiate and PhD students to the project
e) to advance the academic results of our research and our personal connections serve God's plan of salvation to promote world peace and to stop the persecution of Christians
The following colleagues have already confirmed their participation:
- Marco Rizzi (Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore – Milan, Secretary of the International Association of Patristic Studies)
- Giulio Maspero (Pontificia Università della Santa Croce – Rome)
- Ilaria Vigorelli (Pontificia Università della Santa Croce – Rome)
- Željko Paša (Pontificio Istituto Orientale – Rome)
- Rocco Ronzani (Istituto Patristico Augustinianum – Rome)
- Vito Limone (Università Vita-Salute San Raffaele - Milan)
- Veronika Černušková (Sts Cyril and Methodius Faculty of Theology Olomouc)
- László Odrobina (St Athanasius Greek Catholic Theological Institute - Nyíregyháza)
- Tibor Görföl (St Athanasius Greek Catholic Theological Institute - Nyíregyháza)
- Vincze Krisztián (St Athanasius Greek Catholic Theological Institute - Nyíregyháza)
- András Dobos (St Athanasius Greek Catholic Theological Institute - Nyíregyháza)
- Miklós Gyurkovics (St Athanasius Greek Catholic Theological Institute - Nyíregyháza)
The languages of the workshop will be English and Italian. The proceedings will be published in the Eastern Theological Journal.
Communication proposals, together with an abstract (300 words) and a brief curriculum vitae, should be submitted by 30 July, 2022 to the following address: email@example.com
Each participant will be provided with meals (lunch and dinner) during the conference days.
For anyone interested, the organizers will be pleased to arrange individual transport from the airport in Debrecen or Budapest on 12 September. Different solutions for accommodation are available if requested.
Conference fee: 40 Euros.
Please do not hesitate to contact us to arrange accommodation for you according to your requirements.
Miklós Gyurkovics Vice Rector and Editor-in-Chief of the Eastern Theological Journal